Hiring/job/recruitment: Human rights assistant
The Human Rights Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation of Free Expression Myanmar’s projects under the guidance and supervision of the Director.
- Reading FEM policies, reports, and other documents, and those reports of other relevant stakeholders, with the aim of developing personal expertise on FEM’s mandate
- Assisting in managing external beneficiaries with the aim of creating and maintaining high quality substantive relationships
- Assisting in researching the project focus area with external stakeholders and reports, with the aim of developing FEM expertise and leadership on the subject
- Assisting in creating internal and external reports, briefs, press releases, and social media on the project focus area, with the aim of informing beneficiaries of FEM’s findings
- Assisting trainings of internal and external beneficiaries via workshops, meetings, roundtables, and advocacy interventions, with the aim of influencing their knowledge, attitudes, and behavior
- Assisting in advocating and campaigning with beneficiaries, including senior government representatives, the media, and the international community, with the aim of influencing their knowledge, attitudes, and behavior
- Assisting in the upkeep, processing, and management of project finances, with the aim of ensuring accountability and transparency
- Assisting in conducting monitoring and evaluation tasks, with the aim of reporting to donors and other supporting stakeholders.