Hiring/job/recruitment: Human rights officer
The human rights officer is responsible for implementing Free Expression Myanmar’s project under the guidance and supervision of the Director.
*Please note that depending on the seniority of applicants, this may be a "human rights coordinator" role.
- Reading FEM policies, reports, and other documents, and those reports of other relevant stakeholders, with the aim of developing personal expertise on FEM’s mandate
- Managing external beneficiaries with the aim of creating and maintaining high quality substantive relationships
- Researching the project focus area with external stakeholders and reports, with the aim of developing FEM expertise and leadership on the subject
- Writing internal and external reports, briefs, press releases, and social media on the project focus area, with the aim of informing beneficiaries of FEM’s findings
- Coordinating workshops on the project focus area, including via meetings, roundtables, and advocacy interventions, with the aim of influencing participants’ knowledge, attitudes, and behavior
- Advocating and campaigning on the project focus area with beneficiaries, including senior government representatives, the media, and the international community, with the aim of influencing their knowledge, attitudes, and behavior
- Upkeeping, processing, and managing project finances, with the aim of ensuring accountability and transparency
- Developing and conducting monitoring and evaluation tasks, with the aim of reporting to donors and other supporting stakeholders.